A warm welcome to the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Lund university!
Before you start your studies in Lund
Practical information concerning your arrival is available on the links below:
- Preparing to come - This site contains most of the things you need to know before your departure.
- Accomodation - This site contains useful information about housing in Lund.
- Scholarships - As an international student, you may be interested in getting a scholarship.
- Arrival day, 17 August - We recommend that you arrive on this day. You will be welcomed by your coordinators and fellow students who will help you get adjusted in your new town.
- Student account - Activate your student account that gives you access to a number of electronic services offered by Lund University.
- The Student Portal - This provides your personal page where you can access many electronic and administrative student services.
- LU access card - This gives you access to university premises.
- Studentlund - Studentlund membership gives you access to social, cultural and political student life in Lund.
Introductory meetings and registration
The programme starts with a mandatory introductory meeting on Thursday 26 August at 13:15 in the Hörmander Lecture Hall, Mathematics Building, Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Sölvegatan 18, Lund. At this meeting we will discuss the programme and the courses given during the autumn semester.
In connection with the introductory meeting we will finalize the course selection and registration process for the first semester within the programme. If you need assistance to select your courses and set up an individual study plan, you are welcome to contact the director of studies or the student counsellor before 27 August.
Schedule, course literature and course websites
Teaching in the autumn 2021 will be carried out both digitally and on university premises. On-campus teaching is to follow the Swedish Public Health Agency’s rules, general guidelines and recommendations.
General information about our courses as well as up-to-date information about schedule, course literature etc. will be available on the course websites (see "Courses" in the left column).
The Science Student Union LUNA
LUNA, The Science Student Union, is a politically and religiously independent association of students at the Faculty of Science, Lund University. LUNA has the objective to monitor and participate in the development of education and conditions for studies at the Faculty of Science. You can become an active member of LUNA in one of its many committees, Student councils, union parliament, or union board. Activities, closer to the local student, include the Novischperiod, balls, student choir (Naturvetarkören), inspirational lectures and more.