Practical information for newly admitted students
A warm welcome to the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Lund university!
Before you start your studies in Lund
Practical information concerning your arrival is available on the links below:
- Information for new students at Lund University
- Preparing to come - This site contains most of the things you need to know before your departure.
- Accomodation - This site contains useful information about housing in Lund.
- Scholarships - As an international student, you may be interested in getting a scholarship.
- Arrival day, 16 August - We recommend that you arrive on this day. You will be welcomed by your coordinators and fellow students who will help you get adjusted in your new town.
- Student account - Activate your student account that gives you access to a number of electronic services offered by Lund University.
- LU access card - This gives you access to university premises.
- Studentlund - Studentlund membership gives you access to social, cultural and political student life in Lund.
Introductory meetings and registration
The programme starts with a mandatory introductory meeting for new studnets on Thursday 25 August at 13:15 in the Hörmander Lecture Hall, Mathematics Building, Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Sölvegatan 18, Lund. At this meeting we will discuss the programme and the courses given during the autumn semester.
In connection with the introductory meeting we will finalize the course selection and registration process for the first semester within the programme. If you need assistance to select your courses and set up an individual study plan, you are welcome to contact the director of studies or the student counsellor before 25 August.
Schedule, course literature and course websites
Teaching in the autumn 2022 will be carried out on university premises.
General information about our courses as well as up-to-date information about schedule, course literature etc. will be available on the course websites (see "Courses" in the left column). Once the course selection and registration process is completed you will gain full access to the course websites in the learning management platform Canvas where you log in using your student account credentials.
The Science Student Union LUNA
LUNA, The Science Student Union, is a politically and religiously independent association of students at the Faculty of Science, Lund University. LUNA has the objective to monitor and participate in the development of education and conditions for studies at the Faculty of Science. You can become an active member of LUNA in one of its many committees, Student councils, union parliament, or union board. Activities, closer to the local student, include the Novischperiod, balls, student choir (Naturvetarkören), inspirational lectures and more.