The 3rd Øresund conference on basic courses in university level mathematics
Wednesday 2 November 2022 the 3rd Øresund conference on basic courses in university level mathematics will take place at Lund University. The conference is organised jointly by the Centre of Mathematical Sciences at Lund University and LearnT at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU).
The theme of the conference is to discuss the interplay between mathematical didactics and first year courses in mathematics at the university level.
In particular, we wish to shed light on the following questions:
- How does research in mathematical didactics influence first year university courses in mathematics?
- How do first year mathematics courses influence reserach in mathematical didactics?
Program and abstracts
Click here for a program with a list of abstracts (updated 27 October).
Here is a list of the speakers (listed in the same order as in the program), with links to the slides of their talks. For abstracts, please see the program (linked above).
- Ola Helenius, University of Gothenburg. The many meaning of mathematical concepts.
- Burkhard Alpers, University of Aalen. My way into and through the didactics of engineering mathematics.
- Tracy Craig, University of Twente. Closing the gap between scholarship and practice.
- Iver Møllgaard Ottosen, DTU. The challenges of basing a full mathematical course entirely on realistic examples.
- Mats Brunström, Maria Fahlgren, Mirela Vinerean and Yosief Wondmagegne, Karlstad University. Digital tools to support first year students' mathematical thinking
- Niclas Larson, University of Agder. STACK-tests in Mathematics 1.
- Frode Rønnning, NTNU. A program driven approach to mathematics in engineering education.
- Laura Fainsilber and Linnea Hietala, Chalmers/University of Gothenburg. Group assignments for contact and communication in distance education.
- Samuel Bengmark, Chalmers. PREP - Pragmatic Research on Educational Practice.
Click here for a list of participants (updated 27 October).
The conference will take place at Edens Hörsal, Allhelgona kyrkogata 14, Lund (click here for a link to Google maps).
Lunch and fika will be provided during the conference. An informal conference dinner will take place after the conference at Kulturens restaurang at 18:00. If you want to join, please indicate this when you register (click here to show the location of the restaurant in Google maps).