A warm welcome to the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Lund university!
Before you start your studies in Lund
Practical information concerning your arrival is available on the links below:
- Preparing to come - This site contains most of the things you need to know before your departure.
- Accomodation - This site contains useful information about housing in Lund.
- Scholarships - As an international student, you may be interested in getting a scholarship.
- Arrival day, 16 August - We recommend that you arrive on this day. You will be welcomed by your coordinators and fellow students who will help you get adjusted in your new town.
- Student account - Activate your student account that gives you access to a number of electronic services offered by Lund University.
- The Student Portal - This provides your personal page where you can access many electronic and administrative student services.
- LU access card - This gives you access to university premises.
- Studentlund - Studentlund membership gives you access to social, cultural and political student life in Lund.
Introductory meeting and registration
The programme starts with a mandatory introductory meeting on Thursday 25 August at 10:15 in the Hörmander Lecture Hall, Mathematics Building, Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Sölvegatan 18, Lund. At this meeting we will discuss the programme and the courses given during the autumn semester.
In connection with the introductory meeting we will finalize the course selection and registration process for the first semester within the programme. If you for some reason cannot attend, you should inform the director of studies in advance. You may also register yourself for the courses that you have been admitted to on the Student Portal one week before the introductory meeting.
Schedule and course literature
Newly admitted to the Bachelor´s Programme in Mathematics will read the following courses during the first semester:
- MATA21 Analysis in one variable, 15 credits
- MATA22 Linear algebra 1, 7.5 credits
- NUMA01 Computational programming with Python, 7.5 credits
All these courses are given each semester, the first two in English during the Autumn and Swedish in the Spring, while NUMA01 is only given in English.
General information about our courses as well as up-to-date information about schedule, course literature etc. is available on the course websites (see "Courses" in the left column).
Note though that you will have full access to specific information regarding a certain course once you have been officially registered to the course in question.
The Science Student Union LUNA
LUNA, The Science Student Union, is a politically and religiously independent association of students at the Faculty of Science, Lund University. LUNA has the objective to monitor and participate in the development of education and conditions for studies at the Faculty of Science. You can become an active member of LUNA in one of its many committees, Student councils, union parliament, or union board. Activities, closer to the local student, include the Novischperiod, balls, student choir (Naturvetarkören), inspirational lectures and more.