Written examinations in Mathematics, Faculty of Science
Students who wish to participate in a reexamination on one or several of the courses
- MATC12 Ordinary Differential Equations 1
- MATM11/MATM31 Algebraic Structures
- MATM12 Analytic Functions
- MATM13/MATM33 Differential Geometry
- MATM15/MATM35 Number Theory
- MATM19/MATM39 Integration Theory
- MATM27/MATM37 Ordinary Differential Equations 2
- MATM30 Mathematical Foundations of Probability
- MATP15/MATP35 Linear Functional Analysis
should notify our study administrators, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com before 10 June. The e-mail should contain your name, personal identification number and the course name. The notification is binding.
The resit examinations will take place during the period 15 - 25 August. We try to avoid collisions with other resit examinations that have already been scheduled, so you should specify whether you intend to participate in other examinations during this period. The exact date as well as time and location for the individual examinations will be posted in the TimeEdit-schedule on 23 June at the latest.
Please note that:
- You only have to notify us by 10 June if you wish to take a resit examination in August in the above listed courses. To participate in other resit examinations already scheduled in August, it is enough to sign up via the student portal at latest one week before the examination date.
- In order to participate in the examination you must have been enrolled in the course.
Ordinary written examinations and resit examinations at the Department of Mathematics at Faculty of Science are anonymised. This implies that students are required to register for scheduled written examinations via the Student Portal.
Note that in order to be able to register for the examination you must be or have been enrolled on the course.
You will be assigned an anonymised assessment code, visible to the lecturer marking the examination and used when reporting your results. Note that you will be given the code at the examination by the invigilator.
Registration open for two weeks
The registration for written examinations opens three weeks before the examination and is open fortwo weeks.
If you missed the opportunity to register, contact the student administrator at the department. You might then be able to attend the written examination if there are places available, without an anonymmised code.
Procedure in brief
- Register for the examination at the Student Portal.
- Your anonymised assessment code is provided at the examination by the invigilator.
- Write your anonymised assessment code and a personal identifier on each submitted sheet.
- The examination will be marked anonymously.
Students with special needs
Candidates entitled to special arrangements for their examinations should, in addition to the registration, get in touch with the Student Office on the fourth floor at least two weeks before the examination. This must be done prior to each written examination they intend to sit including re-sits. They will then be informed about where and when the examination will be held and for how long.