Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics Centre
7.5 credits (7.5 ECTS credits)
Basic course in mathematical statistics and experience of programming.
Requirements for assessment:
Written exam, written project report, and compulsory computer lab.
Time and place:
- The course will be given in English.
- Course start: Monday March 25, 8:15-10:00 in E:B.
- The schedule in TimeEdit for the course can be found here.
Course Schedule: (.pdf)
Main course litterature:
- "Statistics for Experimenters", by Box, Hunter and Hunter. Wiley, 2nd ed. (2005)
- Some reading guidelines:
- Chapter 1 (all)
- Chapter 2 (mostly repetition - 2.1-2.12 most important)
- Chapter 3 (3.1-3.5 most important)
- Chapter 4 (4.1-4.4 most important)
The computer labs are compulsory for the course. Labs will be done in the package R. You can download this for free and install on your computer. Can be found the R's project homepage.
A project with written project report shall be completed during the course. Preferably groupwise (2-3 students in each group).
Written exam Tuesday June 3th, 9:00-13:00 in MA10.
There will be 7 lectures on this course. All chapter numberings refer to the course book by Box, Hunter and Hunter (2nd edition). Here is a preliminary outline:
There will be seven computer labs. Attendance and completion of all computer labs is compulsory for the course. Remember to sign up for each lab with Maria.
- LAB 1.
- LAB 2.
- LAB 3. Datafiles to use: mollusc penicilin.
- LAB 4. Datafile to use: BHHp8ch5.
- LAB 5.
- LAB 6. Datafiles to use: economic murder.
Please sign up for the labs using this link