We are a group open for all, with focus on female students, PhD students and academic staff.
We organize around two evening events each term with invited speakers which cover different topics that are interesting for women studying or working with mathematical sciences.
Coming events: As part of the 20 years anniversary of the Centre for Mathematical Sciences we have invited Professor Evelyn Buckwar to give a talk on Friday, October 25, 10:50-11:35. More detailed information will be published soon.
- 2019-05-08--15: An exhibition in the foyer of the MH building about Maryam Mirzakhani, the only female Fields medalist so far. It is part of the May 12th initiative to celebrate women in mathematics. Remember Maryam Mirzakhani is an exhibition with 18 original posters. This exhibition opened at the (WM)², the World Meeting for Women in Mathematics, and remained open during International Congress of Mathematicians 2018. Curator: Thais Jordao. Designer: Rafael Meireles Barroso.
- Surrounding events:
- 2019-05-08: Opening of the exhibition
- 2019-05-09: Movie night "Hidden Figures"
- 2019-05-13: Popular talk with Milagros Izquierdo, Linköping University. Topic: Mathematics of Maryam Mirzakhani
- 2019-05-15: Closing with popular research talks
- 2019-03-08: Women and Mathematics - continuity and change in networking (Speaker: Barbro Grevholm)
- 2018-12-14: Welcome to Women in Math! (Speaker: Lea Versbach)