On October 25, 2019, we will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Centre for Mathematical Sciences.
The Centre for Mathematical Sciences at Lund University, Sweden, was formed in 1999 by gathering the activities within Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics and Numerical Analysis in one department.
On Thursday, October 24, there will be several satellite mini-workshops including:
Analysis and Probability. Speakers: Maurice Duits (KTH) and Tomas Sjödin (Linköping University).
Integration methods for elliptic PDE on non-smooth domains. Speakers: Lukas Bystricky, KTH, Casimir Ehrenborg, Lund, Johan Helsing, Lund, Ludvig af Klinteberg, KTH, Anna-Karin Tornberg, KTH
Nonlinear Waves. Speakers: Christophe Charlier (KTH), Evgeniy Lokharu (Linköping University), Dag Nilsson (NTNU Trondheim), Long Pei (NTNU Trondheim), Kristoffer Varholm (Lund University), Erik Wahlén (Lund University).
Numerical Methods for Stochastic Differential Equations. Speakers: Irene Tubikanec (Johannes Kepler University Linz), Samuel Wiqvist (Lund)
Analysis and Mathematical Physics. Speakers: Jan Boman (Stockholm University), Jonathan Rohleder (Stockholm University), Corentin Léna (Stockholm University)
Program Friday, October 25
- 10:00: Coffee and registration in the Annex (next to the Mathematics Building)
- 10:25 Opening by the Prefekt
- 10:30 - 10:50 Georg Lindgren (Lund)
- 10:50 - 11:35 Evelyn Buckwar (Johannes Kepler University Linz)
- 11:45 - 12:30 Karl Åström (Lund)
- 12:30 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 14:45 Anna-Karin Tornberg (KTH)
- 14:55 - 15:40 Pavel Kurasov (Stockholm University)
- 15:40 - 16:10 Coffee in the Annex
- 16:10 - 16:55 Mats Ehrnström (NTNU Trondheim)
- 17:05 - 17:50 Eero Saksman (Helsinki University)
- 18:30 - Dinner at Skissernas Museum, Birgit Rausing sal, Finngatan 2, Lund.
All plenary lectures with talks will take place in room MA:7 in the Annex next to the Maths Building. For the workshop talks, please follow the links.