A warm welcome to the Department of Mathematics, Faculty of Science, Lund university!
Before you start your studies in Lund
Practical information concerning your arrival is available on the links below:
- Preparing to come - This site contains most of the things you need to know before your departure.
- Accomodation - This site contains useful information about housing in Lund.
- Scholarships - As an international student, you may be interested in getting a scholarship.
- Arrival day, August 20 - We recommend that you arrive on this day. You will be welcomed by your coordinators and fellow students who will help you get adjusted in your new town.
- Student account - Activate your student account that gives you access to a number of electronic services offered by Lund University.
- The Student Portal - This provides your personal page where you can access many electronic and administrative student services.
- LU access card - This gives you access to university premises.
- Studentlund - Studentlund membership gives you access to social, cultural and political student life in Lund.
Introductory meetings and registration
It is required that you attend the introductory meetings for the programme and the courses that you have been admitted to. If you for some reason cannot attend, you should inform the director of studies in advance.
The registration process will be completed in connection with the introductory meetings. You may also register yourself for the courses that you have been admitted to on the Student Portal one week before the introductory meetings.
Up-to-date information about the introductory meetings will be available at TimeEditSchedule five weeks before the start of the semester. For instructions on how to use TimeEdit see the Schedule link in the left menu.
Schedule and course literature
General information about our courses as well as up-to-date information about schedule, course literature etc. is available on the course websites (see "Courses" in the left column).
Note though that you will have full access to specific information regarding a certain course once you have been officially registered to the course in question.
If you are admitted to the Bachelor´s Programme in Mathematics, you will read the following courses during the first semester:
- MATA21 Analysis in one variable, 15 credits
- MATA22 Linear algebra 1, 7.5 credits
- NUMA01 Computational programming with Python, 7.5 credits
All these courses are given each semester, the first two in English during the Autumn and Swedish in the Spring, while NUMA01 is only given in English.
The Science Student Union LUNA
LUNA, The Science Student Union, is a politically and religiously independent association of students at the Faculty of Science, Lund University. LUNA has the objective to monitor and participate in the development of education and conditions for studies at the Faculty of Science. You can become an active member of LUNA in one of its many committees, Student councils, union parliament, or union board. Activities, closer to the local student, include the Novischperiod, balls, student choir (Naturvetarkören), inspirational lectures and more.